Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Seguro Social

Julio and I went to Seguro Social to get my Costa Rican social security card. FAIL. After 2 hours of waiting, we found out that first we need a letter from the lawyer stating that we are a real couple, then we need to take the letter back to the Seguro Social, then an inspector comes around to the casa to inspect our relationship, and then finally the decision will be made.

This whole process takes a few weeks and several hours of waiting in lines, BUT I'm glad I even have the option and opportunity to apply for Social Security in Costa Rica without being a citizen. The biggest benefit is legitimate access to the free health care system.

I snapped a photo of the stamps on the lawyer's letter while Julio and I waited in line to hand it over to Seguro Social.

No comments:

Post a Comment